The details below are subject to change as directives are provided by governing authorities and/or health officials or as environmental conditions change.
Families may select the face-to-face, on-campus setting or the remote learning instructional setting.
The goal of both settings is high levels of learning for all students. When families select an instructional setting, they are committing to the selected instructional setting until the end of the nine-week period. Families who wish to change instructional settings should contact the school office at least two weeks prior to the end of the nine week period.
To request a change in instructional setting:
- Notify the school office by Friday, October 2 for a change in setting beginning Monday, October 19
- Notify the school office by Friday, December 4 for a change in setting beginning Tuesday, January 5
- Notify the school office by Friday, February 26 for a change in setting beginning Monday, March 22
Remote instruction will include both synchronous and asynchronous instruction:
- Synchronous instruction -- two-way, real-time, live instruction between teachers and students, through the computer or other electronic devices or over the phone.
- Asynchronous Instruction – when students engage in the learning materials on their own time, interacting intermittently with the teacher via the computer or other electronic devices or over the phone. Includes pre-recorded videos
Expectations and requirements for time spent in synchronous and asynchronous instruction and types of assignments will vary depending on the student’s grade level. Teachers will plan both synchronous and asynchronous instruction for each day. Synchronous instruction will include both whole class and small group differentiated instruction.
Summary of Instructional Minutes by Grade Level
Students selecting the remote instruction option will be required to log in to Teams and participate in live, interactive sessions daily. Live sessions will include both whole class and small group instruction. Small group sessions will focus on differentiated needs of students. Students in PK-1st grade will need an adult present to assist them in logging in to synchronous learning sessions.
Breakdown of Content for Kindergarten - 5th Grade
Sample Schedules for Remote Instruction
Please Note: The following charts outline the basic academic components of VISD Remote Learning schedules for each elementary grade level. The daily scheduled times and order of instructional components will vary.
Each teacher will provide specific schedules for their students.
Click on the drop downs below to view the samples schedules.
Face-to-Face Instruction Schedule
Projected start time: 8:00am with staggered arrival times from 7:30-8:00
Projected end time: 3:15pm with staggered dismissal times Specific classroom schedules will be available from the classroom teacher.